IT Resource is sure that sustainable logistics opens up new opportunities for companies and that it is the proper scaffolding to open new intelligent business models that can improve consumption and give a more significant boost to the economy.
The green supply chain is a fascinating logic, and that’s why today we want to tell you about it so that you can understand more about it and why it adapts to all its specific consumption needs. For companies, reducing the environmental impact must also be one of the development priorities to improve company production efficiency. At the same time, it would allow us to reduce emissions and fight climate change in progress.
The Supply Chain At The Service Of Companies
The supply chain adapted to a sustainable logic makes it possible to plan company activities intelligently and to manage them more efficiently and quickly. A green and well-designed chain gives you greater awareness, from purchasing raw materials to the final consumer. In this way, it will be possible to provide further longevity to consumer products and eliminate the disposal problem, giving them new life.
We are sure that it is advantageous for everyone to decisively carry on a global transition that produces companies and business models capable of transforming resources by opening up to new development opportunities. Remember that pollution costs you as a citizen and companies that waste and reduce profit margins. Instead, including appropriate planning will generate significant economic savings.
It all starts from the possibility of preparing truly green and eco-sustainable logistics, but what are we talking about specifically? The revolution of the entire commercial chain from procurement to purchases and sales, by creating a close collaboration and a union of intentions between PA and companies, will be possible to intervene while keeping everything under an environmental profile of eco-sustainability and innovation. This will not only result in a lower impact on the urban and in-urban environment but also:
- Reduced waste. And, therefore, higher dividends for companies.
- Optimization of consumption and reuse processes. This will lead to significant budget returns and also image returns for companies.
- Optimization of deliveries of goods and products with innovative and shared transport solutions. This allows you to reduce costs.
In this way, the city areas will be managed more efficiently, and the intelligent operating structures will make it possible to reduce traffic, travel times, and energy consumption for transport, as well as limit greenhouse gas emissions. We can do this by optimizing the existing infrastructure. As you can see for yourself, there are advantages for every single party involved in sustainable logistics, which is why the future must be considered in this way. Even e-Commerce with last-mile logistics or the differentiation of the distribution process designed to be as close as possible to the final delivery points can contribute efficiently to a green logic that is also smart and performing at business and economic levels.
How To Define The Goal Of Green Logistics
We close our circle by trying to take stock of the situation of the fundamental points that will lead green logistics to success. In this way, you will have a clear idea of how to act and what choices companies will make in the future.
- Promotion of recycling: Reuse and recycling will become cornerstones of the eco-sustainable supply chain because they will allow consumers and companies to save money and, at the same time, safeguard companies.
- Eco-sustainable packaging: For e-commerce and shipping services, adopting green packaging will be an essential must and will make it possible to reduce waste and pollutants released into the environment. Let’s take into account that according to Harvard research, 75% of the new generations prefer to buy from aware stores. There will also be a significant return to the corporate image.
- Green transport: Optimizing transport, using green vehicles, and avoiding waste of space will be the future of the mobility of goods and products.
Including all of this within the logic of corporate governance will make it possible to contain risks, lower the possibility of suffering corporate damages, and avoid slowdowns in production and transport activities. It will therefore make it possible to obtain brand awareness and reputation benefits and improve the relationship with partners and suppliers. Finally, shorter and thus safer and more profitable supply chains will be created.